Condoms come in different sizes and choosing the perfect fit for you will increase both comfort and their effectiveness in protecting you from Sexually Transmitted Diseases. If the condom is too tight it may broke, and if it is too loose it may slip off. So, the better your condom fits, the safer your sex is. This article and this site will try to help you in choosing the best fit for you.
Different Condom sizes
As you probably know, there are the basic size condoms, but there are also the snugger fit condoms which are smaller in dimensions, and XL versions for above average penises. Their length varies from 7 to 8.1 inches, and width from 1.75 to 2.25 inches. Some condoms are designed that their width is not equal to the head and the base of the penis, and thus provide greater comfort and enjoyment (for example Durex Enhanced Pleasure Condoms).
|Condom length (in)||7 to 7.8||7.25 to 7.8||> 8.1|
|Condom width(in)||< 2||2 to 2.12||> 2.12|
Condom size survey
A survey made by Durex, reported that the length of an erect penis can range from 4 to 9 inches, while penis width varies from 1 inch to 2 inches (and more). From nearly 3000 survey respondents 50% felt that the regular condoms didn’t fit properly:
– 25% of them complained that the condoms were “too tight”
– for 10% condoms were “much too tight”
– for 15% condoms were “too loose”
44% reported they had experienced condom slip or break in the past.
Now, that we covered why it is important to choose the best fit, lets see how to choose it.
How to choose the best size condom for you?
Finding the best fit takes a little of measurement and some experimentation.
- Firstly, measure the length of your fully erect penis. The ruler should be positioned at the base. Mark how far it is to the tip.
- Then, measure the girth of your penis. You can use a piece of string. Loop it once around the thickest part of the shaft of your erect penis. Measure it.
- Now you can compare your length and girth with the average. The average erection is around 5.1–5.9 inches in length and 4.85 inches in girth (from 4.7–5.1 in). If your measures are close to the average, a standard sized condom should be fine. If you’re significantly outside these ranges, consider a different size.
The best way is to experiment – buy several condoms and try which one feels best.
The condom should completely cover your penis, but it should also leave some space at the tip for ejaculate. The Condom size chart below will give you good comparison between different condoms, and you’ll get a good idea which condom could be the best for you.
Condom size chart
If you want a quick suggestion, use the Condom calculator, or review this short condom size chart.
|Snugger (below 2 inches)||LifeStyles Snugger Fit
Caution Wear Iron Grip Snugger Fit
Beyond Seven with Aloe
|Standard (2 to 2.05 inches)||Crown Skinless Skin
Durex Extra Sensitive
Trojan Ultra Thin
|Larger (over 2.05 inches)||Kimono MAXX
Trojan Magnum XL Lubricated
Note: This is a basic condom size chart with just a few suggestions for each category. For a much detailed one, with a lot more condoms, check out the extended condom size chart.