Coconut oil has recently become one of the biggest natural products for health. Nowadays, many people use it in their cooking as opposed to other slightly unhealthier oils (corn oil, vegetable oil, etc.). It’s also used in skin care, hair care, oil pulling, everything.
So one might believe that it is a perfect lube. It’s an oil, it’s used to lubricate, but can you use it for vaginal or anal sex? Is it going to be harmful? Let’s find out if this magic elixir can be used for those magic moments in the bedroom.
Is it Safe to Use For Sex?
Really this is the only question that you are asking so let’s get to the answer straight away. Yes, you can use coconut oil as a lubricant for sex, as many people do and are very happy with it.
While there is pretty much a consensus that it’s a great option for anal sex (if you follow the recommendations below), not everyone agrees that it’s the best option for vaginal sex.
So I can recommend it for anal sex but wouldn’t recommend it as your first choice for vaginal sex.
Either way you use it make sure to follow these recommendations:
- do not use it with latex condoms, because it is an oil and oil breaks down latex so you’ll want to shop around for non-latex condoms instead. Oil has the potential to break down the integrity of the latex condom. This means that the condom is going to be a whole lot less effective at keeping sexually transmitted diseases and pregnancy at bay
- purchase an organic coconut oil from a reputable vendor and check the ingredients list to make sure no artificial ingredients have been added
- make sure to clean properly after sex so no residues would be left inside you
- in rare cases people can have an allergic reaction to the coconut. It will not be a severe reaction, but it is going to cause a little bit of discomfort. I therefore suggest that you test out the oil first on a less sensitive part of the body to make sure that there are no issues
The Benefits of Using Coconut oil for anal sex
There are benefits to using coconut oil as a lube. You don’t have to worry about reactions because it’s all natural, no preservatives or fake ingredients (just get the organic version), it will moisturize the area at the same time, and it’s also an antibacterial, antifungal and antiviral. This means that it has the potential to keep yeast infections and the like at bay. Many people actually suggest using coconut oil on the yeast infection to clear up the symptoms and few studies have confirmed its efficiency.
Why Isn’t Not an Ideal Option for Vaginal Sex
The vagina has a sensitive pH balance and disturbing this natural balance can increase the risk of infection. That’s why some argue that coconut oil can make it a breeding ground for infection (even though it’s an antiviral/antibacterial/anti-fungal), especially if you don’t clean up properly and are using it for an extended amount of time.
Anyhow, there are far better options for vaginal sex:
- Best Organic and Natural Lubes
- Best lube For Sensitive Skin
- Aloe-Vera based personal lubricant
- Best Lubricants Against Yeast Infections
So while you may have thought initially that the coconut oil in your kitchen was just for cooking, now you can use it for something much more fun. Be it a man and a woman, or a man and a man, it works the same way, just remember the deal with the condoms and buy the non-latex ones in which you can get in a plentiful form online (we’re talking packages of 100). So while you are looking for something to use as a lube that is all natural, easy to find in any store, go ahead and pick up some coconut oil and have some fun.
Remember, coconut oil is brilliant as an anal lube, but be aware of its few limitations. Try it out by all accounts, but bear in mind that other lubes may be more effective for you.