Home Forums Lubes Water-Based vs Silicone-Based Lubes: What’s Your Go-To Choice?

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Pete
    Keymaster

Let’s get into a slippery subject today – lubes! Specifically, the age-old debate: water-based versus silicone-based. Both have their fans and their unique perks, but which one do you reach for when it’s go-time?

Water-based lubes are great because they’re compatible with all toys and condoms, and they’re easy to clean up. But, they can dry out a bit quicker and might need reapplication during longer sessions.

On the flip side, silicone-based lubes are the marathon runners of the lube world. They stay slick for ages and are perfect for water play. But, they’re not always toy-friendly (especially with silicone toys) and can be a bit of a task to clean up.

So, what’s your preference? Are you all about the easy and versatile nature of water-based lubes, or do you prefer the long-lasting smoothness of silicone-based options? Any favorite brands or tips for either type?

Share your thoughts, experiences, and maybe even a pro-tip or two on navigating the lube landscape!

tyler
    Participant

I’m all in for water-based lubes. Perfect for my toy collection and super easy clean-up. Tried silicone, but the hassle wasn’t for me. 🚿

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.